Oku Japan is a team of people who love Japan, and who love working in the travel industry, using their enthusiasm for Japan in their daily job. We are a small but expanding company, always happy to hear from those who would like to share in our passion and join our team. We are an equal opportunities employer and also periodically offer internships.
Our main office is in Kyoto, so if you are considering a career in the travel industry, and have experience of living, working or travelling in Japan, do get in touch.
We are looking for a guide who is experienced and talented at leading multi-day tours with guiding throughout. Please contact us at email@example.com with your resume to apply with the following points in mind:
• Must be a guide licensed by the Japan Tourism Agency
• Experience as a trekking guide a plus and a willingness to lead trekking tours welcome
• In good physical health and physically active
• Team player and able to work within tour budgets
• Able to speak business level English or higher
• Experience working with North American travelers
• Skilled storyteller with an ability to explain Japanese culture, traditions, and history
• Leave our travelers with fantastic memories of their time in Japan